Saturday, August 6, 2011
The Top 5 of E3 2011 - My thoughts exactly
The following is a blurb from Rolling Stone Magazine - I've decided to share (For educational purposes) it considering it is right on the money as far as I am concerned. Read it and share your thoughts.
1) Game Publishers are scared. For all the bold predictions, the fact remains that E3 2011 was filled with sequels. Following the Global Financial Crisis, publishers are cautious about investing in new franchises with unknown appeal.
2) Motion games are sticking around. Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft aren't backing away from their motion-controlled games. How this era will be judged in the context of history is yet to be seen.
3) Retro is cool. As well as sequels, publishers are re-mastering and updating old games. As with GoldenEye last year, Halo and Metal Gear Solid are set for high-def makeovers.
4) Blokes with guns are everywhere. Games like Mass Effect 3, Geras of War 3 and Modern Warfare 3 impressed, but are we starting to run out of ideas here?
5) Games are mainstream. The range is expanding. MiCoach, Rocksmith and The Deepak Chopra Project are just some aimed at a non-traditional audience.
Below is a cool gaming related pic I like :)
"You know how I know you're gay?"