Saturday, March 17, 2012

Coca Cola prices: Then (2008) and Now (2012)

Years ago I saw 2 Litre bottles of Coca-Cola selling for an all time high price...at $3.14 I snapped a photo :P I have held onto it for all these years. Here it is.


I always figured if I held onto it long enough that it would be an interesting look back. And now it is. I still remember thinking how expensive this price tag was back in May 2008 when I took it. The other day, in the same supermarket I saw what I thought was an odd "special". It just didn't seem that cheap. I lifted the tag and guess how much a 2L bottle is in March 2012?

Have a look for yourself...


As you can also see, the price tags now have unit pricing...and the quality my camera produces has improved :D These prices are in AU$ - In US$ this product would cost $4.01 according to www.xe.com at the time of writing.

Do you think this is overly expensive? Please note that this is on a regular store shelf, it is not provided chilled.

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I think that is super expensive, but I don't feel so bad paying $1.69 USD anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting stuff, it's crazy to see the increases to pricing over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well there you go inflation in action

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you drink Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
    ANSWER THE POLL and you could get a prepaid VISA gift card!

    ReplyDelete