Tuesday, May 3, 2011

iMac Thunderbolt Ports

I was made aware that Apples new iMac's have a port called "Thunderbolt" which performs X20 faster than a USB2.0...now I know why iPad's never supported USB - Apple appear to be steering consumers away from it. I've never heard of these before.

According to wikipedia it is Intel who designed these.

So the iMacs have an Intel CPU, an AMD Graphics Card and these new ports.

Are these ports and accessories catered towards them going to take off? I have tons of USB equipment, will they become totally obsolete...or will USB3.0 and future releases maintain their hold?

Personally I don't know enough to speculate, but one thing I know for sure is that Universal Serial Bus is a better name.

2 comments:

  1. Macfriends are going ot ruin it for everyone :l

    ReplyDelete
  2. More gimmicks designed to keep us spending cash.

    a3

    ReplyDelete